Mr. Gendreau has more than ten years of design and management experience in the MEP consulting industry.
He has extensive experience with educational, healthcare, commercial, industrial and residential projects.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Gendreau has:
- Developed contract documents and performed construction oversight as engineer of record for numerous $50+ million construction projects
- Acted as project manager and client liaison on countless designs for federal, municipal and private projects throughout the country
- Performed LEED® Gold, Energy Star and High Performance Buildings compliant designs
- Served on the Town of Southington energy committee
As the Manager of the MEP Engineering department at DTC, Mr. Gendreau has:
- Spearheaded the development of current MEP standards and design practices, including the department’s transition to REVIT 3D modeling software
- Provided training and guidance to junior MEP engineering staff
- Helped DTC become one of the industry leaders in Photovoltaic (Solar Panel) system design, culminating in DTC performing system designs for Walmart and Target stores throughout the state.
- Guided DTC to become industry experts on MEP engineering in flood zones and for backup generation design
His other responsibilities include:
- Client relations
- Oversight of all MEP engineering designs and activities within the company
- Managing MEP department workload and finances
- Procuring new clients and projects
- Performing detailed technical reviews of the MEP department’s construction documents
- Acting as lead electrical engineer and/or project manager on various design projects
Mr. Gendreau has a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Connecticut. He is a registered professional engineer in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Maryland, and California.