DTC was retained by the Town/Village of Harrison New York to develop a Master Plan for the John A. Passidomo Park on a 30-acre parcel. Master Plan for town park including new tennis courts, pool, parking areas, multi-use fields and synthetic turf playing surface.
The existing park included a multiuse grass field, which is used for baseball, softball, football and soccer in the spring and fall as well as day camp activities in the summer. Other existing uses include tennis courts, community pool, picnic and children’s playground area and parking areas. The existing field has drainage problems and the grass surface limits the extensive use required by the Town/Village of Harrison.
The $15 million program included:
- The reconstruction of the multi-use fields using a synthetic turf playing surface,
- Construction of a new pool facility,
- Enhancement of active and passive park activities,
- New tennis courts,
- Recreation/community building, and
- Expanded parking and roadways.
The synthetic turf playing surface will allow the use of baseball, softball, soccer, football and lacrosse over the same surface with minimal maintenance. All fields included sports lighting.
Town/Village of Harrison, NY