DTC was subcontracted by the Department of Economic & Community Development (DECD) to administer the Dry Cleaning Remediation Fund.
DTC was responsible for managing the day to day operation of the Fund, which included:
- Reviewing all applications for funding;
- Preparing reports summarizing the applications and providing recommendations for approval or denial;
- Reviewing and approving all requisitions for payment from applicants;
- Reviewing technical reports evaluate consistency with the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regulations, standards, and guidelines; and
- Tracking the status of investigation and remediation of each enrolled dry cleaning site.
DTC also handled all questions and inquires from applicants and persons interested in applying to the Fund.
For the last two years of the contract, DECD requested that DTC work out of the DECD office at least one day a week to handle the processing of most of DECD’s internal paperwork and to work more closely with DECD staff.
Connecticut of Economic & Community Development (DECD)